Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A Little Road Trip to the Nature State...

Ok, so as I've mentioned before, I have about 17 siblings. Haha! Ok, more like 5 (4 older brothers and a younger sister). We all live in Texas except for my oldest brother, R; he lives near Little Rock. DH's job requires him to travel to our surrounding states, and thought it would be nice to make a weekend out of one of his work trips so I could see my family up there. (Kuddos DH!)
Somewhere in East Texas...


Anyone who lives in Texas knows how FLAT our state is and well...yeah...it's flat...and HOT! I've always loved mountains and hills, if I could live anywhere else I would live somewhere with lots of "green" and hills. It's so relaxing and just good for the soul to be out-out (and not just at the mall or at our local park). Anyone who lives near anything like this...please invite me! :) We weren't able to escape the heat, but we did get to see a few places nearby that I absolutely fell in love with. Here are some shots from the trip:
Pugh's Mill
  If you've ever seen "Gone With the Wind", this is the mill that is featured in the opening credits. It was absolutely beautiful here, I fell in love. The whole place was so peaceful. There was pretty much no restrictions in getting around here, so you could walk all around it.


If you're interested in reading more about Pugh's Mill, click HERE.

Here are some of my favorite pictures from the trip:



Looking out of the mill

"Tree" Bridge leading out




K, Lil' Sis




She insisted on wearing a crown all day

Told ya!
 




Next to Bells, K is my favorite subject :)
   
 
I couldn't have asked for a better big brother (fortunately, I got lucky 3 more times)

I miss my him so much! He moved there for work about 5 years ago with his family (my sister in law, her parents, and my 2 nieces and nephew). He is truly everything a a big brother should be. He always set a good example for us, and has always been there when I have needed advice or simply someone to talk to. I made a promise to go back soon though, I miss my family there :) They were all so welcoming and we really enjoyed our time there.

Until next time.....

Thanks for looking!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you! :)